27.8.08

The Dark Knight



I can't believe I haven't blogged about this movie yet! I had it marked in my calendar months in advance, and went to the first showing the day it came out! I have seen it twice now and am seriously considering a third time go around just because I loved it so much! Heath Ledger did an amazing job of playing a psychopath... he was very disturbing, funny, personable, insane and likable. I also enjoyed Maggie Gyllenhaal as the new Rachel, she was much better than Katie Holmes. And lets not forget Christian Bale who is one hunky dude! This movie is intense, suspenseful, and clever. I felt engaged throughout the entire film! The Dark Knight explores many different issues such as the love of money, terrorism, chaos vs. control, and a belief that there is inherent goodness in all people both as a collective group and as individuals and that it is within them to choose to do the right thing. I hope you all love it as much as I do, and if you don't, I think we can still be friends.



3 comments:

Maren said...

Loved it, glad I got to see it with you!

David and Kris Taylor said...

So when does the DVD come out?

D.

Anonymous said...

It was fabulous! I almost felt bad for enjoying it so much just because Heath really was just a bad dude. But nonetheless, I loved it, too.