21.8.08

Demolitin Derby!

Who doesn't love old cars crashing into each other at high speeds, flying dirt, and open flames?! The Demolition Derby put on by the good people of Spanish Fork did not disappoint! We piled into the car (Andy, Tom, Carrie, Lucy, Tucker, Anders) and had ourselves a good old fashioned white trash adventure!

Driving to the event...

Taking dangerous pictures while driving...

The kids seemed excited to be there...

The arena for the much anticipated event...



Some fun crashes early on...

300 was my favorite car and the one I was hoping would win!


The yellow car with the hat on top was the only driver from Provo. I was glad someone was representing!

This car somehow managed to crash on top of the barriers, thus suspending him in mid air and eliminating him from the competition.

Lucy thought it was a little loud at times...

Towards the end of the night all the kids were freezing so we tried squishing together to create some body heat...

Anders was ready to go home and go to bed...

Carrie has some good shots and videos posted on her blog. You can check those out if you want to see some of the live action! It was a lot of fun and Carrie and I are planning on entering the powder puff competition next year in order to fund out trip to Australia and New Zealand. The winner gets 3,000.00 big ones! Pretty sure we've got what it takes to compete! Thanks to everyone who made this night a whole lot of fun!

5 comments:

Maren said...

Totally WT but totally fun!

Anna said...

I love that you are exposing my children to the finer things in life. They will be very well rounded.

(Should I be concerned at the scary driving whilst precious cargo was on board? jk of course).

AnneMarie said...

We went last year. I don't know which we enjoyed more watching the derby or the interesting people. The best kind of WT fun!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Todd and I seriously considered coming home earlier than planned from Oregon to join you. I wanna go!!

Hilary said...

I've never been to a demolition derby. It looks great though. I look forward to seeing you participate next year!