21.8.08

Arizona

I drove home with Maren and Gavin to spend three days in Arizona, seeing friends and catching up on some more movie watching. I spent the first night at Maren's house. The next day we drove to Arizona for lunch with Grandmother and I spent the afternoon hanging out with my friend from the mission. On Thursday I hung out with Joy and John, we made homemade pasta and the following night we made homemade tortillas. There is always good food involved when spending time with Joy because she's such an amazing cook! We had an evening trip to the temple because that's one of my favorite things to do in Mesa. It was a lot of fun seeing them and being with grandmother. I didn't get a lot of pictures, but here's what I've got.


It had been a while since I had seen this one so Joy and I put it on and had a great time laughing at all the classic quotes and scenes.

On Wednesday nights, Grandmother and all of her sisters that live nearby and Chip and Sandy, get together to watch so you think you can dance. Rey was taking notes and writing down the phone numbers so she would be able to cast in her vote, while the others were commenting on the dancers style and techniques. This was a very entertaining evening.

I saw this one with Michael Hale and was sort of disappointed. I thought it would be a lot more intense and a lot more sci-fi. Instead it was more gruesome. There were some really funny parts, or maybe I just thought they were funny... so I'm not recommending it nor am I saying I thought it was crap... you get to decide if you want to see it or not.

I saw this one with Joy. It was Entertaining and fun...

Lunch at Tia Rosas... so yummy!

At the movie theater...

Our trip to the temple, that is my leg in case the white skin didn't tip you off, then Joy and John.

Thanks to everyone in Arizona that made this trip so great and wonderful!

3 comments:

Maren said...

Glad you came! Come again!

David and Kris Taylor said...

That was a lovely string of blog posts. I enjoyed seeing your travels and reliving your adventures very much.

D.

Anna said...

Ditto to what Dad just said. Lovely shimmery white leg, too.