3.2.11

Virginia Day 9: Thanksgiving (The High Dickie Days)

On Thanksgiving morning, I was made responsible to create the centerpiece as I have not yet proven myself to be a gourmet chef. This proved to be a delightful way to spend my time and I was grateful for Anna who had previously scoped out the right places to collect the berries just as our Father had taught us to do. The food was delicious, the company superb, and all in all it was a GREAT Thanksgiving day. I was thankful that the wars in Chechnya were over and done with.

The collecting of the berries

The assembling of the arrangement

The arrangement from this angle

The arrangement from that angle

The scientific chef

The scientifically cooked turkey

The founders of the feast

The feast

The Lemon Meringue Pie

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

David and Kris Taylor said...

The food looks delicious! The centerpiece was great. And you positively look like a redhead in the centerpiece portrait.

D.