26.2.11

Virginia Day 14: Arlington Cemetery and some Fond Farewells

My last day in Virginia was spent visiting Arlington Cemetery and hanging with the fam. This was a very cool destination and I do believe we all had a great time!


Kennedy's grave and memorial




Changing of the guards at the tomb of the unknown soldier. A little strange but glad we were there to see it.










We took a farewell tour of Fauquier County and I tried to get in the alloted amount of times I could say Fauquier and not have it be naughty.

Horse Country, nuff said.


We ended the night by having a marshmallow party which is always a good time!



Anna and Rob played on their his and hers mac laptops

Anders created a silly alien looking marshmallow man. So creative!

Phantom children

Now I, had, the time of my life, and I never felt this way before, and I swear, its the truth, and I owe it all to you! Thank you Hastings for hosting me in your fair land of Virginia! I shall be back soon!

6 comments:

Maren said...

What a fun trip! I am very jealous! I need to work on my jumping skills if I am ever going to be in your pictures!

Anna said...

Come back very soon/anytime/all the time. It was one of the funnest visits of all time and that ain't no lie.

Maren said...

RUDE Anna!

Anna said...

Why was that rude? I don't get it!

David and Kris Taylor said...

Anna:

Because Maren's visit was maybe the funnest visit of all time. Anna, you need to be an equal-opportunity visit rater. What if our visit isn't as fun as Katy's? What then?

You can all be so "rude and disgusting" sometimes, but that is part of why we love you all so dam_ much.

D.

Courtney said...

I have to agree with Anna, but I wasn't around for Maren's visit. It was one of the best visits of all time...I'm sorry I missed the cemetery. But the pic of Anna and Carla Sue on the metro is a keeper.