3.2.11

Virginia Day 11: Mt. Vernon & Attempted Hastings Photo Shoot

What trip to Virginia would be complete without a trip to Mt. Vernon? Of all the President's homes, this one seemed like the silliest floor plan but had such a SPECTACULAR view that all was forgiven! We went with the Fennimore family and wandered around the estate and took a tour of the home. We were going to take Hastings family photos but it was too cold and windy and many of the little people weren't too keen on the idea of sitting still for long amounts of time. It was a really fun day and I enjoyed myself immensely!

I do believe this is the statue that Chelsea was talking about. The New York Gibbs have a friend in their ward who is a sculptor. I believe Linda Gibbs has her very own bronze statue of a giant cookie created by the same artist of this sculpture for having made the most delicious cookies!


This is Clara keeping this other kid in line. He was trying to trespass and she was having none of it.

The view

The house

The jumping

The star crossed lovers






Too cold for family pictures but perfect weather for a lover of wind and cooler temperatures. It was ideal!

2 comments:

David and Kris Taylor said...

Oh my goodness; oh my goodness. You went blog-crazy!!! I will have to return later today to digest all of this wonderful blogging.

'Til then. Mwaw!

D.

David and Kris Taylor said...

This will be a must-see when we are in VA.

I think the etsy flower in Clara's hair gave her added authority with the little juvenile delinquent.

D.