1.3.10

YSA Activities: My favorite past-time.

A couple of weeks ago we attended the YSA Chili Cookoff. I had some romantic unrealistic expectations as to what it would be like. I was thinking, Texas, they know how to go all out here right? So I had visions of a barnyard dance with fairy lights and cool atmosphere, like this:

and this:

And certainly some of this:

They also advertised some salsa dancers, so I had pictured this:

and this:

But I should have remembered this was a mormon YSA function. It will never be like what I had pictured. Instead it was like this:

and this:

I was hoping to get to hang out with my crush, maybe even dance with him.
Crush:
A usually temporary infatuation.
One who is the object of such an infatuation.

Instead, no cute boys talked to me but this guy and his friends kept coming back for more.


"Look, my friend will show you his chest!" (I kid you not.)

I could have settled for some of this:

Or even this!:

But instead we did this:


I hate being single sometimes.

4 comments:

David and Kris Taylor said...

Reality bites!

D.

Maren said...

I think you are just being to picky. The boys in those pictures look fine to me.

Anna said...

I am laughing so hard. So hard. How can I type when I am laughing this hard?

Lauren said...

You are so hilarious. Man I'm glad you're blogging again, cause I sure enjoy your stories!