23.3.10

Good Morning...

Last week, Alison and I were charged with the task of changing the bulbs on the front porch light. We had both slept in, eaten breakfast, and come up with a game plan. We would stay in our pajamas, braless, and proceed to change the lights. Then we would shower, get ready, and go do the grocery shopping looking more civilized. Good plan? Yes. So I went out the front door with the bulbs and Alison went out the back door to retrieve the ladder from the garage and then meet me in the front. The first thing I noticed when I walked outside was a large black truck with the door open but I didn't see anyone, so I proceeded to walk out there in my loveliest outfit. Thats when I heard a voice... the lighting design man had come and had spotted me. The awkwardness I felt at our meeting was all over his face. He didn't know where to look or if he should turn around and leave. But he was brave and he asked me if Mrs. Gibbs was home. I must have looked like a crazy person that escaped the house in my outfit holding lightbulbs with the look of shock and hysteria on my face! I told him that she wasn't but that her daughter would be up in the front shortly. On cue alison turned up with the ladder in her pj's, braless, and then he got over the shock and helped us change the lights. I was dying inside of laughter the entire time and thought.... oh how awkward...

The light

My outfit

5 comments:

Anna said...

Awkward!!!

David and Kris Taylor said...

That's a very nice look for you.

D.

Katy Kathryn said...

I had just finished taking my crazy pills so the timing couldn't have been any more perfect if we had planned it!

Nameless said...

Oh katy kathryn, how I love you.

Hilary said...

What a great story. The best part is getting help with that light. It is the dickens to change. I parade in my pajamas for such assistance.