25.3.10

Maren

Today is Maren's birthday. Maren is one of the little girls and thats why we love each other so much. We did our growing up together, our fighting over stupid things together, and watched classy T.V. shows together. She gets pregnant and I yell at her unborn children while still in the womb trying to get a rise out of them to no avail. There have been several times when I have wrestled her to the ground to pluck her eyebrows. This is just our relationship. Maren's always been very good humored when it comes to my interactions with her. She not only tolerates it, she goes along with it. This is what I love about her. She gets silly with me and then I don't feel stupid. If I could post just one picture that encompassed how I feel about Maren, it would be us walking on the beach at Pajaro hands on each others bums and all was right with the world. But instead, I have to go with my picture stock and only wish I had access to some of the gems and classics.

This is us.

You've got style and sweet moves

Who else would wait around to take a difficult to get into position picture with me? You and Emily :)

Who else has legs as white as mine?

Who else looks pretty as a princess always?

Who else will move to Arizona and want to take tours of Frank Lloyd Wright sites?


Here are some of my birthday wishes for you:

May this be your family estate and I be named the sole inheritor

May your body return to this state when you hit 30

May Gavin look this good when he's in his 70's


I love you Maren and hope that this birthday is a wonderful celebration of your life. How incredible to be able to have a new son to share it with! I love you and miss you! Happy birthday from one little girl to the other.



3 comments:

Maren said...

Thank you Katy! I would not want to be a little girl with anyone else!

"Gavin" pic LOL!

Anna said...

Happy Birthday to Maren. oxo boobs to both of you.

David and Kris Taylor said...

If you want to see white, go to my blog, look at the LTM picture, and find the white person. You come by it honestly. I'm glad you got such a nice birthday present this year.

OXO

D.