6.9.09

Nostalgia


In the spirit of remembering my Fall 2008 term at BYU, I thought I would post some pictures of the "Modern Body Art" I participated in.









It was a very moving, very spiritual experience. I hope you can discern the meaning of the art through these pictures. I would be curious to hear some of your interpretations but some of you I don't want you to even bother because I know you won't get it. Most of all, I would like to hear what Jayson has to say because he is so in tune with art and his eye for beauty astounds me every time he makes a new discovery.



I also thought that I would put a picture of one of my books I made in bookbinding class up so that people would see how talented and artistic I am. If you want one, don't even ask me, I've retired as a bookbinder and you couldn't even afford me even if I wasn't a retired super-awesome bookbinder.


I call it, "book I made open on a table." I feel that it really explains how I feel about the earth and Disney movies.

Thank You

2 comments:

David and Kris Taylor said...

It's all about the delicacy and transparency of suspension. The sense of movement is compelling and draws me in, like a spiritual bungee cord.

D.

PS The bindings are cool.

Maren said...

I would say it represents how we are bound by our emotions...unseen but powerful.