7.9.09

Farewell to Presidio

Presidio means prison in portuguese, but my apartment with Carrie never felt like a prison to me. There were times when I thought the neighbors were annoying, and there were instances when I wished I weren't surrounded by single students, but my days at the Presidio were full of joy and happiness. This post is a tribute to my semester and a half in that blessed penitentiary.

Our First FHE activity, eating ice-cream with strange kitchen utensils.


Carrie going in for some dessert


Yummy!


My room-mate Amy LOVES Valentines Day, so she made breakfast for some friends and decorated the apartment.


Making pink heart shaped pancakes.




My bedroom after Carrie had already moved out... so depressing.





The bathroom where the magic happened


The toilet and shower where the business happened





#6


The courtyard where I would often come home to lovers serenading each other, and awkward door step scenes... sigh...




The living room where the movie watching happened



The kitchen where nothing happened



The honor code approved half bathroom




Cleaning up before the big move


And some silly faces just for good measure







Carrie, I will miss you as a room mate, but I know that you and Grant will have just as much fun. I only hope he will have opposite day conversations at one in the morning with you and listen to Lord of the Rings as you fall asleep.

7 comments:

Marissa said...

Hi friend! I just read all of your blogs and they made me very happy! I miss your humor at the dear ol' copy center! What are your plans now?

David and Kris Taylor said...

You have always been a good nest builder.

D.

Anna said...

Whew! That was a lot of posts!!!!
Very fun, each and every one. I am glad you recorded the awkward credit card story for posterity.
Also you had a washer and dryer? Wow, back when I was a kid up to the Y we had to wash our laundry uphills both ways in summer and winter.

Nameless said...

"The kitchen, where nothing happened."

hahahaha. I'm sad to say that I feel like I can definitely relate.

Carrie B. said...

So much to say about all these posts but I'll just summarize by saying...I LOVE YOU KATY!

Anonymous said...

Carrie is engaged to a guy from my freshman ward! That is super cool! I love Grant and I am so happy for them! I miss seeing you and I love your hair1

Lauren said...

So I stopped checking your blog regularly because you NEVER posted so I missed all of these posts! I've been thinking about you and sure miss your craziness and friendship! Mwa.