7.9.09

Harry Potter


I went to see Harry Potter with the Gibbs women sans Hilary, my parents, and Cuz Carrie. The three of us young children went to wait in line in order to secure ourselves some good seats. We passed the time by taking pictures and playing hearts. It was nice to get out of the house for a change. (That's a joke because I don't actually feel trapped, I just thought it sounded like a mature thing to say.)

The movie itself was good, nice production design and cinematography, but the transition from book to script was disappointing. The movies cannot compare to the books. I suppose this can be said of many adapted screenplays, but I was hoping for more from this one.



2 comments:

David and Kris Taylor said...

WOW! When it rains it pours. So many new blogs, so little time.

D.

P.S. I hadn't read the book at the time and came away from the movie knowing NOTHING! Lousy script for anyone who hadn't read the book.

Hilary said...

It looks like such fun!