2.12.10

Home Grown Cantaloupe

Here comes some back logged blog posts that are well over due. This first post is a little something that is near and dear to my heart.

Last year, when I was living at home, Mom and Dad didn't have fresh home grown cantaloupe; they just had store bought stuff. You can imagine my rage and jealousy when Dad started blogging about his overabundance of tomatoes and melons knowing full well I was missing out on the abundance. I knew that in order to be truly happy, I must get my hands on said melons, (and tomatoes) and enjoy the fruit of my parents labor. (Plus how delicious and mouthwateringly good do home grown cantaloupes sound and taste?)

I recognized my opportunity when Debby Gibbs made her trip to Provo to visit the folks. I hinted that it would be nice for her to bring back some fresh produce. I also hinted to my mummy and deaddy that it would be really great if they could send Debby home with some tomatoes and melons. One trip to Utah, and many many subtle hints later, I had my very own home grown cantaloupe!

The Melon

The Cutting

The Fragrance

The De-gutting

The Presentation

The Tasting

The sheer delight and ecstasy of a home grown melon!

I would personally like to thank all those who made it possible for me to enjoy this moment.

4 comments:

David and Kris Taylor said...

You are welcome. They were delicious, but alas, it's all ice and snow now.

D.

Anna said...

mmmmmmmmm.
We grew cantaloupes a couple of years back. They were delish.

Courtney said...

Yummy. You can tell your parents love you.

Maren said...

Jealous!