10.10.10

YSA Conference

Bering building where the conference was held

Check in at 4:00

Girl from Louisiana, Ryan Williams, Aaron Baker, Aaron Baker's girlfriend, Wendy Thompson

4:30 was the start of the meet and greet, aka speed dating which I did not participate in, I just documented instead. The first guy in the white shirt using his Jedi powers on his date is Loren, as in the Loren that Alison went on a few dates with who I think is a butt face for not getting a clue... anyway, and the red head pulling the goofy face is Elder Sam Morrill from the Spokane Washington mission. We served together in Othello. He was English speaking while I was Spanish so we don't really know each other, just enough to have said hello.

Girl smiling is Kristin Howe, a new friend who is lots of fun

Alison is participating and featured in this picture is Jeff, the guy in the black shirt, who she ended up dancing with and giving her number to at the end of the night.

The speed dating set up

Reverent boy who I don't know, Jan Chappell, Bishop Rob Chappell, Bill Edwards, Boy who I don't know, Daniel Lemon, Johnny Malele, Girl I don't know

SAD SAD SAD entertainment, they were performing 16 Going on 17... SAD!!!

Adena Nelson. She was formerly trained in acting in New York and I asked her to give me her reaction to the performances...

I Can Hear the Bells... SAD SAD SAD!!!!!!!

Devotional at 7:00 with Elder Costa and Elder Nielson. They were both hilarious and it was a great fireside!

Chris Larmoth, Katie Whipple, Greg somebody...

Sister and Bishop Chappell

Discovering who Bill is... since he was such a doofus on the phone... I'll be going on that date with him this Friday... more to come on that.

Guy I don't know, Ryan Williams, Jason Sweeney

Katie Whipple and Me

Eric Radford, Katie Whipple, Cordell Copa

Jason being so ecstatic to be at the dance

A crowd pleasing song

Ben Carver, Austin Condiff, Jason Sweeney, Preston Norton

Girls on the side who weren't dancing...

That guy who likes to show off...

Preston Norton, Jason Sweeney, Cynthia and Misti (Our Visiting Teachers), Alison gibbs, Diana Twargol (Our Visiting Teachee), Karla

Some cute girls...

This kid was going crazy with his dance moves, this picture doesn't totally capture it, but it was fun...

Some girl on girl action

the two Katy(ie)s

Greg and Chris

Those Mormons know how to put on a good spread

Enjoying the spread...

More enjoyment of the spread

Some guy and JJ C. with Diana T.

And the night wouldn't be complete without a jumping picture.

For the first time in my life I can honestly say I had a great time at a YSA conference/dance!! It was a lot of fun!

11 comments:

David and Kris Taylor said...

Can I just say..some things never change. I haven't been to a dance in I don't know how many years and I haven't been a YSA for longer than I can remember but things look about the same...right down to some guy stuffing his face. Kind of gave me the shivers...
Mum

Anna said...

Looks like a BLAST. Am I being sarcastic or not?
No really, it looks fun.

David and Kris Taylor said...

I'm glad you had a good time!

RE: refreshments and the Mormon's good spread, it appears that only 25% were homemade cookies. Yuk! I know. Unlike your sister, you were probably being sarcastic.

OXO

D.

P.S. I hope you can hook up with Mr. Lonely. Who the h--- is he?

Katy Kathryn said...

I have no idea.... thats really strange....

Emily said...

I think Mr. Lonely is Japanese! How exciting to have a foreign stalker! Looks like fun. I am always fond of a good dance!

Maren said...

nice blog..have a view of my blog when free..

www.marenyoung.blogspot.com..do leave me a comment/guide if can..if interested follow my blog.. I am blonde, blue eyed, 5'4", love reading. You?

Katy Kathryn said...

Hahahaha! My family cracks me up!

Hilary said...

You and your family crack me up. Love this post, love the comments, love you! Mr. Lonely on the other hand creeps me out.

Kellen Bell said...

ooohhh, great post!!! splendid really! I'm hardly able to contain my excitement in reading your post regarding this upcoming Friday night.....

Katie said...

DATE....tell us about Friday's date!!!!

Sondra said...

I'm the "girl from Louisiana" in the third picture. And the kid that was dancing all crazy/wild is my friend, David. He's on his mission right now in Milan, Italy! He's pretty awesome at dancing. haha.