10.10.10

Flat Tire


Last Tuesday, I was driving Sue to the movies, and on the way I heard a distressing noise coming from the car. I pulled over to the side of the road to discover that my back tire was entirely flat. The good news is we weren't too far from home, and we were going under 25mph the whole time. No more than 30 seconds had passed before a kind neighbor and his wife pulled up behind us and offered to help change the tire. HUGE blessing because my wrench was broken and the spare was also flat and needed air in it. He went back to his house, got a new wrench, and the two of us changed the tire. In the process of putting the flat in the back of my trunk, I caught my arm. I don't know how these things happen exactly but somehow I got squished and ended up getting a nasty bruise. I would like to start telling people that I really shouldn't have asked my boyfriend to pass me the salt in such a desperate manner... I deserve what I got, but now you know the truth. After the spare was on, we went to the neighbors house where he used his own air compressor to put air into the spare and then we made it over to good year tires where I got a new wheel put on. The old one looked as if it had been slashed!!! Perhaps I should tip better at Panda Express and then these things wouldn't happen. It was not my favorite experience but after we had the tire replaced we were off to see "The Social Network," which is one of my more favorite experiences. I LOVE this movie and it was my second time seeing it and Sue's first. Lots of fun in Texas!!

3 comments:

David and Kris Taylor said...

All the while, I thought it was a tattoo! Silly me.

D.

David and Kris Taylor said...

I, personally, am sooo grateful for that nameless neighbor. What a very kind thing for him to do.
(If only you had said thank you maybe he wouldn't have smacked you!!!)
As a worried mother, have you checked the other tires? Keep safe please. hugs, Mum

Anna said...

Remember when we wanted to change your tire, but my neighbor was super helpful and changed it. You are going to learn this skill one of these days.