16.3.08

A Night at the Opera

Cinderella the Opera

Performed at the Capitol Theater in Salt Lake City


I had bought tickets for the opera before I knew I was going to Washington. I couldn't attend and had to sell my tickets to someone else. When I got home I still wanted to go so I could feel all cultured and stuff... so I bought the tickets again and went with Emily and Courtney.

Emily drove.

I went cowboy sheek, and Emily just looked like a hot mama! (Truly my knees are fine, just bent a little funny)

We met up with Courtney and had a cultural experience. It was fun to watch the performers interpret love on stage by stroking each other. Cinderella would continuously rub her hands on the Prince's chest, while he would rub her arms. Thats how real love is right?
I decided that I like certain arias in operas but Opera as a whole is a bit slow for me and I think I would rather attend the Symphony or the Ballet.

7 comments:

Anna said...

Good times!

David and Kris Taylor said...

Operas often have incredible staging, but as you say, the "toute ensemble" is, shall we say, boring to the uninitiated (like me).

Good company makes almost any experience fun.

D.

Maren said...

I like most of the operas I have seen and at BYU they translate them for you on a screen above the stage, so i fyou get board with the production its like you brought a book!

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes. Opera may just not be my "thing." I did feel very cultured, however, and always pleased to spend time with you!

will said...

I'm with you Katy. Opera is not my first choice for getting all cultured and stuff.

Good for you for getting your culture on, and thanks for posting it. This is a lovely post.

Emily said...

The opera was lovely. But umm I am not so much of an opera person myself. The company was fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the hot mama comment.