16.3.08

An Evening with the Wieses

I went to Salt Lake on Saturday and joined Anna, Rob and the chillins, plus Cumma Kwatz at the museum of art. A good time was had by all and if you want to see the pictures, check out Courtney's blog. After the museum, Courtney and I went back to her place to hang out. I talked the whole time, until seven at night! Then we proceeded to make dinner, chicken alfredo, with rotisserie chicken. I was in charge of the sauce which ended up not thickening. I thought I had blown dinner. Todd came home and had another go with the sauce only to discover that it wouldn't thicken for him either. It was discovered that the reason for the soupy sauce was the use of half and half and not whole cream. So we ended up having a soupy sauce that tasted delicious anyway!

Sad day, I've ruined dinner!

The soupy sauce

After dinner, Courtney made some delicious double chocolate brownies that were so ono! We also watched the first two episodes of Lost so I am properly hooked now. One more show to add to the list... oh dear!

During the course of the evening, the earth got confused and decided to revert back to it's winter tendencies instead of fully embracing the spring! Consequently I had to drive home in the snow storm and thought I was going to die several times due to restricted vision and crazy drivers on the freeway. There were several trucks that passed me that splashed snowy slush all over my windshield making it IMPOSSIBLE to see out of the car for at least four seconds while driving at fifty miles per hour. I ended up taking the slow lane home, hardly exceeding forty-five mph and arrived in one piece after several heart felt prayers. I had to pry my fingers out of their death grip on the steering wheel, but here I am now. I wish I weren't such a grandma driver!

8 comments:

David and Kris Taylor said...

You can always thicken with a little thickening (flour mixed with milk or water) or a little roux (fat or butter mixed with flour).

I am glad you arrived home safe and sound. The huge trucks are a problem. Too bad we don't ship on the rails anymore.

D.

Anna said...

Or you can thicken with a bit of cornstarch mixed with a tad of water. Works like a charm.

Glad we got to see you and glad you got home safely and glad you got hooked to Lost. Oh the merry chase it will lead you on...

Maren said...

Looks good even if it is soupy! Sorry about the snow, you are better then I am I would have stayed the night!

Maren said...

Oh yes and welcome to the world of LOST! Just so you know it doesent ever get anyless...whats the word....WHAT THE!

Scooter said...

lost is great. confusing and frustrating, but great.

Anonymous said...

It turned out deliciously and I even had the leftovers for lunch today. In our defense, Todd did try to thicken it the second time around with some flour. Maybe he didn't put enough but it didn't appear to be thickening anytime soon. Still tastes good, though.
And I'm glad to see that you made it home safely, I was a touch worried. You're always welcome to stay over!

will said...

Excellent post Katy. Thank you for creating it. It was thick enough.

Sorry about the bad drive but glad you're still in our world.

Emily said...

Lost is the best! I am glad you drove like a Grandma and did not die!