16.2.10

Doppelganger

I'll admit that I gave into the facebook trend of trying to find my own doppelganger or famous look-alike. While discovering that I resemble asian men and women, I also found out that I look like Dennis Quade. Lucy Lawless was repeated several times in my picture scans and so I give you, my own doppelganger...

A doppelganger is the ghostly double of a living person, a sinister form of bilocation. In the vernacular, the word "doppelganger" has come to refer (as in German) to any double or look-alike of a person. The word is also used to describe the sensation of having glimpsed at oneself in peripheral vision, in a position where there is no chance that it could have been a reflection. They are generally regarded as harbingers of bad luck. In some traditions, a doppelganger seen by a person's friends or relatives portends illness or danger, while seeing one's own doppelganger is an omen of death. In Norse mythology, a vardoger is a ghostly double who precedes a living person and is seen performing their actions in advance.

I think I'm a combination of the two which is awesome cause then I'm like a double threat! If I can't be a maiden of Rohan, a warrior princess is a close second!

No comments: