15.10.08

2 Ways to Tie a Pashmina

Anna has requested that I post on how to tie pashminas. Because I am an expert, I have complied with her wishes and hope to pass on my expert knowledge to those less fortunate. (The less fortunate would include but are not limited to: Those who have never owned a pashmina and therefore don't know how to tie one; those who do own a pashmina but still don't know how to tie one; and of course those who have never heard the word pashmina before and have no idea what I am talking about. Oh yes, and ugly people who try to use pashminas to compensate for their lack of beauty.)

Please join me as I go step by step in tying an esthetically pleasing knot that will have fellas all over your neighborhood saying, "Who is that fine looking woman sporting that gorgeous pashmina?"

The Simple Knot:

Step One: Fold your pashmina in half.

Step Two: Take the folded section of your pashmina and procede to step three.

Step Three: Place your pashmina behind your neck at the half way point. This would technically be the quarter point because you have already folded it in half.

Step Four: Take the two loose ends of your pashmina and place them through the loop that has been created at the opposite end of your pashmina.

Step Five: Pull the loose ends of your pashmina all the way through and pull till tight, or until you have reached the desired tightness of your pashmina.

Step Six: Strut your stuff cause you look hot now!

The Braided and slightly more complicated Knot:


Step One: Take your pashmina and mentally divide it into thirds. Once you have established where the thirds mark is, place hand on thirds mark and proceed to step two.

Step Two: Place your pashmina behind your head with the third mark going behind your neck.

Step Three: Proceed to wrap the remaining part of your pashmina around your neck loosely in a 360˚ motion as if you were tying a noose around your neck.

Step Four: Bring the remaining end forward.

Step Five: Take the loose loop you have just created and open it up with one hand while grabbing your pashmina by the end you just finished wrapping around your neck with your other hand.

Step Six: Cross the end of your pashmina over the loop and let it hang there.

Step Seven: Grab the other end of your pashmina, the one you haven't touched since step one and bring it over the loop.

Step Eight: Rest that end of your pashmina in your hand that is holding the loop open.

Step Nine: Grab onto your pashmina that you just placed in your hand.

Step Ten: Pull that end through the loop and adjust to desired tightness.

Step Eleven: Make any adjustments that you think you need to make in order to look your best.

Step Twelve: Work it, you've earned it!

I hope that this pashmina journey has helped you overcome your fears of "difficult knots", "complicated scarf tying", or "feelings of inadequacy because I don't know how to tie a pashmina!" Those days are over. You are now free to roam about the country looking your best and feeling like a winner. I hope you will come back and post your success stories in the comments section of this blog. Remember, it's not easy, but it's worth it.

10 comments:

Maren said...

Dang, I cant wait for pashmina worthy weather!

Anna said...

Thank you, you silly girl.

Jennette said...

Thanks, doll! I'll have to send you the pics of me in my new (and fabulous) red pashmina. I hope I look as mahvelous as you do.

Ellen said...

Lovely! I have that very same scarf that I've been wearing religiously every weekend! To church and beyond. It gets in the way at work, so I'm only a weekend pashmina girl! Glad to see I've been tying it correctly!

David and Kris Taylor said...

What if you don't have a pashmina?

D.

millie said...

The other day it was cold and I started think of my gorgeous gifted pashmina and was trying to remember the knot. When you stopped by to night I found myself trying to remember even better as I tried to match your visual to my memory. (to to to to)

Thank you for this post. Now I have new confidence.

Anonymous said...

Tim Gunn has nothing on you baby! I miss you. love Debby

Carrie B. said...

simply splendid!

Hilary said...

I love this post! It reminds me of "How To" reports we did in grade school. Such good instructions. :)

Challey said...

Thank you so much. I am not longer pashmina impaired. Well, probably still am, but most poeple won't be able to tell. Anyway, I wore it the other day and even though it was a little on the warm side, I kept it on for the sake of style. I look forward to your future instruction of fashion. I as well need a little help with the fashion train. I am holding on, but not quite seated. Anything will help.